For a long time people thought that vegetables were ugly and so avoided growing them in their gardens. However people are now realising that there are many varieties of ornamental vegetables which look and taste great. Growing your own vegetables can give you a great sense of satisfaction plus they will have a much higher percentage of vitamins and minerals due to the fact that they haven’t had to travel half-way around the world to end up on your plate.
One of the easiest types of ornamental vegetables are lettuces. The leaves can come in a variety of different shapes, sizes and colours. Even if you don’t have a garden you can grown these in pots on your window sill. Other beautiful vegetables include carrots and parsnips with their feather leaves, Brussels sprouts in their dwarf form which are purply-red.
Don’t forget about starting a Fall vegetable garden. In additions to vegetables, you should also look at fruit trees such as apple and cherry which produce the prettiest, delicate pastel coloured flowers. You will find that when you visit your local garden shop you will lots of great garden supplies you will want to buy because you will become very much inspired.
- Types of Ornamental Fences - Fences are many things to many people. For some it might be a way to keep your privacy whilst sitting in the garden, for others it might be a way to keep out animals or it could be to prevent burglars from entering their property. However fences aren’t just for practical reasons, they can also
- Grass and Grains in the Garden - There is a lot more to grass than something that makes up a lawn. Grasses can be used in many ways with some varieties being particularly ornamental. If you are looking for ways to be experimental in your garden than combining grasses with other plants can be very effective. It is important however that you
- Organic Gardening - Most gardeners love wildlife, however in protecting their gardens from pests such as greenfly and slugs, they are also harming other wildlife such as butterflies and bees which are considered gardeners’ friends. You don’t need harmful pesticides in you garden to keep it looking good, just a little thought and consideration will give you a
- How To Plant Seed Potatoes in Planter Bags - More and more people are starting to get into growing their own produce for a number of reasons. Some people feel that they will taste better, have more nutrients and also be better for the environment. Whatever your reasons, growing potatoes can be a great way to get into arena of growing your own fruit
- Working With Nature to Create the Perfect Garden - How Earthworms, microorganisms, insects and animals can help your garden
Sometime gardeners work against nature, spraying their gardens with all sorts of chemicals. However to achieve a beautiful garden it often pays to work with nature. If you want to keep your soil healthy then using earthworms, microorganisms and insects can be your best friends in